Last week we had climate strikes around the globe. These strikes represent a new wave of green activists that are determined to make a difference. Greta Thunberg led what is currently estimated to be around 4 million protestors to take to the streets in support of climate legislation and conservation. These protests have officially ended on September 27th, but the fight is not over for the earth’s preservation as our resources shrink.
One of the arguments against climate science and conservation centers around the negative impact on our economy that will result from green-based, sustainability regulations. However, this is not the case — some of the fastest growing jobs over the next decade will be from the environmental sector. We have compiled five of these incredible positions from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics that are sure to grow and jumpstart our economy!
- Solar Photovoltaic Installers (63% growth, from 2018-2028)
- Wind Turbine Technicians (57% growth, from 2018-2028)
- Environmental Engineering Technicians (13% growth, from 2018-2028)
- Hazardous Materials Removal Workers (11% growth, from 2018-2028)
- Forest Fire Inspectors and prevention specialist (8% growth, from 2018-2028)
-some of the fastest growing jobs over the next decade will be from the environmental sector!Tweet
If you found this article informative please hit the ‘like’ button below, and don’t forget to subscribe to our platform for the latest intriguing science news and media!